TRY THIS APPROACH:
1. TRAINING: Pick up a new skills through certifications,trainings, and workshops.
2. VOLUNTEER: Volunteer to work as part of groups that are willing to help and assist people.
3. SHARE : See opportunities at work, rather than viewing your schedule as WORK. Share ideas, Research and Submit business proposals to improve things.
4. NETWORK: Strategically meet new people within and outside of your organisation.
5. COACH : When you meet people who are just starting in your career, and are struggling with settling in or people issues, Volunteer to help. You are sowing a good seed.
DO THIS CONSISTENTLY AND I CAN GUARANTEE THAT HERE’S WHAT WILL HAPPEN:
1. GAIN: You will acquire new skills which will get you a role change within the organisation or even a promotion.
2. GREAT OPPORTUNITIES: One out of your great ideas and business proposals may be selected, and you will be offered to work on your organization wider initiatives.
3. FRESH DISCOVERIES: Your advice and suggestions to your colleague who is still trying to find his feet at work, will reduce attrition and you may eventually discover a part of you that you never knew existed. That can also fetch you a new career path and you may end up doing it for a life time. (Paid Mentorship)
4. INCREASE : You will gain new friends at work and of course from your voluntary activities.
5. FULFILLMENT : People will reach out to you for help and you’ll find fulfillment when they get good results from your advice.
Are we clear now?
YOU WILL SUCCEED